WHAT IS THE BRA FIT SERVICE?
It’s a free service available to all customers each and every time they visit the Lingerie department. The service offers customers the opportunity to be fitted into the right size, shape and style bra to suit them in a private environment. Customers can take advantage of our fully trained fitters knowledge and experience.
WHY DO WE OFFER A BRA FIT SERVICE?
Did you know that 70% of women are wearing the wrong size bra? During a woman’s lifetime the bust can change a number of times. It is essential that a woman is fitted as soon as breast tissue begins to form and continues to be measured on a regular basis and with every new bra purchased. Wearing the right size bra is comfortable, supports good posture and can not only make the bust look better but can visibly reduce the waistline!
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A BRA FIT?
· Customers are shown to the dressing room where the fitter will ask them to remove their top to allow them to take a measurement around the body.
· The fitter will then ask some questions about the customers current bra size and style. It is important to find out what the customer has on now as well as what they are looking for from their visit.
· The fitter will ensure customers are comfortable in their fitting room before selecting appropriate bras for their customer to try on.
· When the fitter returns they will explain what products they have chosen and why. They will also give advice on the best way to put on a bra to optimise the fit.
· The fitter will ask their customer to try the selected bras one by one. The customer can do this with the fitter present or on their own. In this case the customer will be given privacy to try each item on and can call the fitter when they are comfortable for them to come back in and assess the fit.
· The fitter will assess each item and talk about the fit of the bra in stages, from the straps to the cups and then to the underband. Some changes may be made to the size or style selected at this point as brands, styles and shapes can fit differently dependant on breast size and shape.
· The fitting process is repeated until the fit is right, at which point the customer is asked to put their top on so they can see the difference it makes to their shape.
WHO CAN USE THE BRA FIT SERVICE?
The service is available for all customers! The service is free and should be offered to anyone browsing on the Lingerie department. The service is also offered to Personal Shopper customers in their appointments. Womenswear staff should also introduce the service to customers, especially when working at the dressing room.
HOW CAN I TALK ABOUT THE BRA FIT SERVICE WITH CUSTOMERS?
Anyone who is browsing for bras or lingerie in general can be told about the service we offer. Ask your customer if they are purchasing for themselves. If they are, ask them about what has prompted them to browse and purchase, what are they are looking for. You can ask about the length of time since their last bra fit and explain how easy to use the service we offer is. Let your customer know that we can fit them into their bras each and every time they visit to ensure they have the best fit possible and are comfortable whether they are wearing a t-shirt or a backless gown!